Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Girly time

My two awesome sisters-in-law gave me a pedicure/manicure gift certificate about 11.7 months ago--soon after Eliza was born. Only 11.6 months later I had a free Saturday to go get it done! And since no one loves nail painting more than Grace, I thought she better come along. Lucky for me, Reid reminded me before hand that things like this never play out quite like I might hope with Grace. Her shyness literally cripples her at times. Remembering this was very helpful, and got my expectations right where they needed to be. And we had a great time. Yes, her head was buried in either my or her shirt the whole time. And no, she didn't say a word the whole time we were there--except that she wanted the "most sparkliest" nail polish they had :) But she was so excited the whole way there, and the moment we got home, she could talk about nothing else! I was really glad to have some good Grace-time. And I know she felt pretty cool to have me all to herself, too :)

3 comments:

Denita said...

Aww, that is such a cute picture, especially since it looks like she has your feet. What a neat idea... I think I'll have to steal it sometime and take Nina!

The Ultimate Mama said...

LOVE this picture!

Karen said...

That is sooo cute! I love her most sparkliest nail polish!! I'm glad you guys had a fun time together. Btw, your nails look awesome!