Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not exactly a merathon...

...but I'm planning on running in my first 5K next weekend! (i know, liz and meredith--who this post was purposely misspelled after-- you're embarrassed to even know me)

It's a fundraising event for a friend of mine and her husband, who's gone through a lot the past few weeks. To learn more about Crystal and Jared, click here.

So, if you're in the Denver area and are looking for a way to pay for self-torture, here's your chance! All the info is on that link.

I guess I better start training....How exactly do I go about that? start with one block? and then work up to one mile?? and then just hope i don't die the day of??!?! oh, i'm sounding really pathetic...perhaps i should just man the registration table instead....

Hope to see some of you there!!!

5 comments:

merathon said...

of COURSE i'm not embarrassed to know you. a 5K is more than a lot of people would ever do, so good for you! and doing it for a great cause, well then that's even better! so you have like 11 days to train? i'd start small so you don't injure yourself-- not too fast and not too long for your first day. then the next day, try to go a little more, and so on. three miles won't be bad-- you could run that tomorrow if you HAD to. . . you just might not be able to walk the next day! good luck-- can't wait to hear about it!

Candace said...

I've enjoyed looking at all your cute posts. Sounds like you guys have been way busy! Your girls are so cute and getting so big.
I'm so excited for you that you are doing a 5k this weekend, I may be doing one in Cache County as well. Did I tell you that I'm training for a 1/2 Marathon? Crazy I know, but I'm going to try it. Well take care, We miss you guys and need to see you soon! Oh by the way, Happy Birthday this weekend, hope you have a fun one!

Amanda said...

Emily, you're amazing. I fully believe that if I had needed that epidural with Rosie, you would have pulled it off for me. My sister recently trained for a marathon, and her trainer told her to start out doing one minute of running, and one minute of walking, repeated for an hour. Then you do two minutes running, one minute walking the next time, etc. Good luck!

Adrie Peterson said...

Emily,
I had no idea about Jared's situation, so thanks for posting this info. Have fun at the 5k!

turleybenson said...

I want to her AAAALL your advice on feeding kids, complete with a full shopping list and menus for the month. PLEASE!!

Seriously, any advice you have, I'll take. And your recipe for sugar free birthday cake.

Can you email me? turleybenson@gmail.com